Energy in Homes
The importance of this survey lies in providing the required data on energy consumption status at homes for heating, cooling, lightening, cooking and other home uses, in addition to the volume of expenditure on energy within these uses, providing some special indicators to the decision takers and policy makers in the public as well as the private sectors in order to develop and uplift this sector.
Attention has been directed towards conducting various studies and surveys for all energy-consuming sectors as a result of the continuous change in the overall consumption pattern of energy and its components. The energy consumption rates by different sectors have stabilized in recent years, but the rising prices as well as the changing inflation rates year after year has driven the energy consumption ratios to fundamental differences and it became extremely difficult to have consumption figures and indicators without conducting various periodic surveys of energy-consuming sectors.
In view of the importance of the household sector in energy consumption and its important role in influencing the consumption rates, the Department of Statistics (DoS) has decided to conduct a survey of Household Energy Consumption for the first time. This Survey will provide a comprehensive database of energy consumption in the household sector at the Kingdom level and urban / rural. A special questionnaire has been designed for this purpose through which the role and importance of the household sector in energy consumption are identified.
Read more (45 KB)
- Providing part of the data for constructing the tables for the Energy sub-account and value added.
- Providing data on the quantities of energy used whether from oil derivatives or electric power.
- Providing data on prevailing heating patterns and linking them to changes in fuel and electricity prices.
- Providing data on operating hours of the air conditioners (summer and winter).
- Providing data on the type and ownership of the appliances used at home and places of usage concentration.
- Providing data on the use of insulation and procedures to rationalize energy consumption and linking them with savings in different energy sources.
- Providing data on total expenditure on energy materials and their breakdown by various expenditure items.
- Providing data on the number of solar heaters’ users and their uses.
- Providing data on various uses of energy materials and places of usage concentration.
– This survey has been implemented once in 2008.