The Gender Statistics Division has been established in 2005 as one of the divisions of the Directorate of Population and Social Statistics in response by the Department of Statistics (DoS) to international commitments ratified by Jordan for establishing a national mechanism for the advancement of women, promotion of their status in economic, social and political participation, preservation of their gains and also defending their rights in order to achieve a greater level of social justice and equal opportunities.
Establishment of this division is viewed as an important step in the development of this kind of statistics in Jordan.
The gender data are collected through the (DoS) surveys and censuses and also from the administrative records by re-calculating the indicators and formulating them in new tables to achieve the goals of the Division. The gender gap is calculated to pinpoint differences between men and women in order to highlight the prevailing situation, so that decision makers take action to reduce these gaps.
- Number of students in kindergarten stage
- Number of students in the basic stage
- Number of students in the secondary stage
- Number of students in the industrial secondary stage
- Number of students in the agricultural secondary stage
- Number of teachers in the basic education stage
- Number of teachers in the secondary education stage
- Number of school principals in the basic education stage
- Number of school principals in the secondary education stage
- Number of founders and general body by Sex
- Number of members of First legislative council (senators) by gender
- Number of members of the Second legislative council (deputies) by sex
- Number of founders and general panel of political parties by sex
- Number of land and apartments’ owners by gender and male / female ownership
* Data are published and published electronically at the end of April of each year for the previous year’s data.