The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), known as Global Goals, are a global call to work on eliminating poverty, protecting the planet, and ensuring that all people enjoy peace and prosperity.
These 17 goals are based on the successes of the MDGs, including new areas among other priorities such as climate change, Economic inequality, innovation, sustainable consumption, peace and justice.
The objectives are interconnected – the key to success is in dealing with issues more commonly associated with each other.
Vision of the Sustainable Development Unit:
- Prior assessment of the available Sustainable Development indicators (SDIs) in 2018 and posterior annual assessment at the end of 2019.
- The coordination between the various sections of the Department, internal partners, and international organizations through the Unit to integrate the concept of sustainable development in an easy and simplified manner into the work of different departments and sections.
- Documentation at each stage of the work (establishing a list of all the data needed to calculate each indicator and its source, and documenting the mechanisms for calculating each indicator) after referring to definitions and calculation methodologies.
- Identifying data gaps (we create methodology and mechanisms for future availability of unavailable data) in cooperation and coordination with all internal and external partners.
- Auditing the calculated indicators and indicators to be calculated in different sections and departments.
- Attracting financial and technical support from international organizations that contribute to achieving development goals.
- Upgrading and building the capacity of the employees in the Department of Statistics through training workshops and by raising the awareness in this area.
- Encouraging different departments and sections to achieve an increase in the quantity and quality of sustainable development indicators availability.
- Planning the work of the Unit through the National Strategy for Statistics in terms of vision, mission, operational objectives and developing performance indicators for assessing the work of the Unit.
- Submitting a detailed technical report about the indicators of sustainable development in September 2019
National partners in the National Strategy for the Development of the Statistical System 2018-2020
- Energy and Mineral Regulatory Commission
- Ministry of Transport
- Ministry of Environment
- Ministry of Health
- Ministry of Higher Education & Scientific Research
- Ministry of Digital Economy and Entrepreneurship
- Ministry of Industry and Trade and Supplies
- General Directorate of Civil Defense
- Directorate of residence and borders
- Central Bank of Jordan
- Ministry of Justice
The sustainable development indicators base is one of the most important indicators available in the Department of Statistics, which is an interactive database that enables the user to easily access data and compare it at different time periods through graphs or store them in different forms.