The Annual Accounts Division calculates the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) at current and constant prices, which is considered to be one of the most important economic indicators and expresses the state of the economy. It is used in the process of planning and important economic decision making. It is also used by economic researchers and for international comparisons.
The Annual Accounts Division collects and receives data from the above mentioned sources, copy them on special tables to extract and publish the results. The division publishes the following various indicators and estimates:
- Gross Domestic Product (GDP) by economic activity at current and constant prices by production method.
- Gross Domestic Product (GDP) at current prices by income method.
- Gross Domestic Product (GDP) at current prices by expenditure method.
- Gross National Product (GNP).
- Fixed Capital Formation by economic activity and by assets.
- Use, Analysis and Construction of the Balance Of Payments tables received from the Central Bank.
- Implementation of the System of National Accounts (SNA) – 1993 by institutional sectors and amendments to the 2008 system.
- Preparing the Satellite Accounts tables of the sectors, including the tourism sector.