The Department of Statistics (DoS) carries out a comprehensive listing of all construction licenses issued by the official licensing parties on a monthly basis in the Kingdom and publishes the results monthly, quarterly and annually. This Census provides data on the number of construction licenses and licensed areas in the Kingdom periodically as well as data on the occupancy purposes of licensed buildings (residential, non-residential).
The enumerators visit all licensing parties every month in the Kingdom and the (DoS) provides the results to data users monthly, quarterly and annually.
The licensing parties are:
- Greater Amman Municipality’s regions numbering 27.
- Municipalities: All municipalities distributed all over the Kingdom’s governorates numbering 94.
- Joint district committees: They issue licenses outside the boundaries of organized regions in the municipalities.
- Special zones: such as the Petra Region Authority and the Aqaba Special Economic Zone Authority (ASEZA).
2 – Objectives of Construction Licenses’ Listing
This process aims at providing the following:
- Data on the number of construction licenses and licensed areas in the Kingdom periodically (monthly, quarterly, annually).
- Data on the occupancy purposes of the licensed buildings (residential, non-residential).
- Data on the licenses by building type and governorate.
- Periodic indicators to assist in evaluating the construction activity in the Kingdom.
- Number of granted construction licenses.
- Total licensed areas by building occupancy.
- Number of new licensed housing units.
The press release is published monthly as of the thirteenth day of each month.